Skip to main content

Cyberknife Part 2

Well .... today was my 5th and LAST Cyberknife treatment.

I had a brief graduation ceremony with the staff where they presented me with my official Jason Mask (left).

This mask was specially fitted for me out of warm wax poured over my face during a brain mapping study. We became very "close". Not exactly like Wilson and Tom Hanks ... but then again ... Wilson kept his distance ... My little buddy fit just like Jim Carrey.

It was clamped to the bed and held my head in place for the duration of the treatments.

Looks claustrophobic ... huh?

NOW you know why I used Mother's Little Helpers for the first two sessions!

Once I got used to the mask ... It really wasn't that bad.

The treatments were painless, there were no side effects, no pain ... PLUS I developed super human strength ... I think I even grew a couple of feet in the process ... my color has changed a little ...

But here's the really special part: Somehow ... the cyberknife taught me how to tap dance. And one of my doctors signed me up to do a Broadway tour of Young Frankenstein with him next year.

See? You never know how things will turn out in the end.


Ms.Jen said…
You are nuts ! ha ha ha ha
Joel Momberg said…
@Jen ... That's really why I had my HEAD examined!
Anonymous said…
Joel Momberg said…
@Anon .... Thanks for the good thoughts .
Toni said…
Glad things are going well for you! Wonder if I can get one of those masks...I could use a new talent. Something that requires sleezy music and a pole. I hear that's where the money is :)
Joel Momberg said…
@Toni ... Forget the mask .... just go with the pole!

Popular posts from this blog

SAMMY: The Novel (An Overview)

I finished writing Sammy:The Novel. 

So ... I called my good buddy and excellent writer, Dave Scheiber, to help me write an overview to pique the interest of publishers. The stuff that Dave wrote made me want to read my own book! We combined our efforts and here's what we came up with:

SAMMY (An Overview)

Sammy Levine, 86-year-old resident of Star of David nursing home, was not happy with his daily existence and dreamed of taking one last trip with his wife Esther (presently residing in an urn on the third shelf in his room). Sammy was careful about not exposing his plan to anyone, especially his son, Barry, who dutifully visited regularly and tried to make sure that he lived out his remaining days comfortably.

Through a carefully choreographed plan, Sammy managed to access personal information on three recently deceased residents from the nursing home’s computers. Then he applied for and obtained three new credit cards. Armed now with available cash and credit, he loaded up Esth…

Close Call

I was just putting the finishing touches on my new novel, Sammy, which will be available to order in November (shameless self promotion!) ... when I started thinking about some of the characters in my past life. One character I've actually written about in the past just popped into my head. It's a repeat story but I hope you enjoy it ... again.

When I was a Freshman at LSU, our dorm was set up like a suite with two adjoining double rooms and a common kitchen and living room. "Suite" really makes it sound much fancier than it was. Actually, living room makes it sound much fancier than it was. The walls were cinder block and the living room was about 100 square feet. I don't think four of us could even stand up in there at one time.

One of the four guys in our suite was the place kicker for the LSU Tigers. His name was Phil and he was from Bogalusa, Louisiana. He had the bed next to mine. Phil was about 6'8" and weighed well over 300 pounds. He was a big …

Princess Grace's Diary

We surprised our little princess, Grace on Friday with a last minute visit to Savannah. She and her BFF Stella had a joint princess birthday party.

It was of course no surprise to Deb and me that the trip had a few surprises for us, too.

It started out with a light show at the airport (we chose to fly rather than drive the 12 hours back and forth for one day). Lightning strikes were coming fast ... so the tarmac was closed until it settled down. We had to get to Atlanta in time to catch what had become the LAST flight of the night to Savannah at 11:20 PM.

We made it ... barely ... and fell asleep at 2 AM.

Up at 8 and out the door via Uber to The Landings (a mere 45 minute drive) and just in time to see this adorable duo.

Big brother Cole was  one of the "hosts".

Pony rides were there for the guests.

Matching Princess cakes (of course).

Lots of fun.

At about 2, Deb and I headed back to the airport with Nikki driving and made it in PLENTY of time to find out that there were n…