These are my top 20 vocabulary test questions. If you are FROM New Orleans ... these should be easy (Disclaimer: A score of 3 might mean you grew up there but claim LSD flashback status) :
1. Y'at ..... This is short for "Where y'at?".... the preferred greeting between friends.
2. NOLA ...... Initials for New Orleans Louisiana and a famous restaurant owned by Emril Lagasse
5. Mc Kenzie's ......... THE bakery in New Orleans where you order your King Cakes.
6. Coon Ass .......... Term of endearment to a fellow New Orleanian.
7. Earl ........ this is what you fill up your engine with.
8. Oil ........ a man's name.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
"You know ... I am VERY proud of me!" That was one of my dad's favorite things to say. The funniest thing about that line wa...
In March, I had surgery to remove my gall bladder and half my liver (on which a sizable melanoma resided). I didn't have a history of me...
Yogi Berra has nothin' on Sam. Today, Debbie and I went to Menorah Manor for his birthday celebration. When we arrived ... all the bir...