These are my top 20 vocabulary test questions. If you are FROM New Orleans ... these should be easy (Disclaimer: A score of 3 might mean you grew up there but claim LSD flashback status) :
1. Y'at ..... This is short for "Where y'at?".... the preferred greeting between friends.
2. NOLA ...... Initials for New Orleans Louisiana and a famous restaurant owned by Emril Lagasse
5. Mc Kenzie's ......... THE bakery in New Orleans where you order your King Cakes.
6. Coon Ass .......... Term of endearment to a fellow New Orleanian.
7. Earl ........ this is what you fill up your engine with.
8. Oil ........ a man's name.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
FOR THOSE WHO CAN ... SUMMARY The journey begins with a somber graveside service as the skies above New Orleans burst forth with a hard rai...
As is my nature at times, I seem to have a knack for bad timing. Corona virus quarantine was apparently not dramatic enough, so I added t...
Today, we said goodbye to Tom. This is a hard line to write. I keep rereading it as I write this post about a guy who has touche...